|Hungarian Wine - Club - News
03.02.2012 Presentation of the wines of the Matias Winery
Our event in pictures
01.12.2011 Bordeaux grape varieties in Hungary – Pure or as Cuvées? -
Photos and the list of wines of the event find below!
1. Kreinbacher - Somlói Öreg Tőkék Birtokbor 2009
2. VinArt - Cabernet Sauvignon Classic 2007
3. Sauska - Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
4. Apátsági - Infusio 2009
5. Tiffán - Cabernet Sauvignon & Franc 2008
6. Ruppert - Villányi Cabernet Franc 2008
7. Bodri - Cabernet Franc Selection 2007
8. Bolyki - Egri Merlot 2007
9. Ikon - Tulipán 2008
10. Sauska - Cuvée 11 2008
11. Bolyki - Bolyki & Bolyki 2009
20.10.2011 Heumann: One of the most successful Wineries of Villány
Photos and the list of wines of the event find below!
07.04.2011 Wines of the Hungarian Presidency of the Council of the EU
Our interesting winelist was:
1. Gróf Degenfeld - Muscat Lunel 2009
2. St. Andrea - Örökké (Forever) 2008
3. Takler - Kékfrankos 2008
4. St. Gaál - Kadarissimo 2008
5. Koch - Cabernet Sauvignon Barrique 2007
6. Sauska - Cuvée 11 2007
7. Takler - Kékfrankos Reserve 2007
8. Bodri - Faluhely Bikavér Selection 2007
9. Gróf Buttler - Egri Bikavér – Nagy-Eged 2006
10. Koch - Jégbor (Ice Wine) 2006
And the surprise wine was: the Cabernet Sauvignon Classicus 2007 from the VinArt Winery.
02.02.2011 Our guest was: the Heimann Winery from Szekszárd
The highlights of the event were:
1. Viognier 2009
2. Fuchsli 2009
3. Kadarka 2008
4. Merlot 2008
5. Kékfrankos Baranya-völgy 2008
6. U&I Kékfrankos 2008
7. Pinot Noir 2007
8. Syrah 2008
9. Cervaes 2006
10. Birtokbor 2007
11. Barbár 2007
02.12.2010 Vertical winetasting of Top-Cuvées from different vintages
At the beginning of December we had an interesting, vertical Cuvée - year closing party - tasting in Munich and we had such unique wines as from what we had only one bottle more. We celebrated with this event our 2. wine club Birthday as well, so we are now older again. :)
We would like to say thanks to our participants for the year long interest on Hungarian wines and we hope, not only this year, but during the next year as well, we can offer new and interesting themes and wines again!
Finally, we wish you, all, a really Happy New Year and see you soon in 2011.
And of course, you can find below the list of tasted wines and pictures of the event.
1.Dereszla - Dorombor dry cuvée 2009
2.Szent Gaál - Cabernet Sauvignon 2008
3.Heimann - Cervaes 2002
4.Heimann - Cervaes 2006
5.Bock - Royal Cuvée 2004
6.Bock - Royal Cuvée 2006
7.Konyári - Loliense 2006
8.Konyári - Loliense 2008
9.Tiffán - Cuvče Carissimae 2005
10.Tiffán - Cuvče Carissimae 2006
11.Gizella - Hárslevelű 2006
28.10.10 Unique Hungarian grapes and wines in Europe II
27.05.10 News on the big whitewine-tasting in our Wine-Club in Munich
This time – before the longer summer holiday and after the big Sauska wine-tasting in April - we presented only white wines from the biggest white wine regions of Hungary - Tokaj and Somló.
The list of the tasted wines in May is the following:
1. Chateau Dereszla – Tokaji Dry 2007
2. Bott Pince - Furmint Teleki 2008
3. Dobogó - Szerelmi Furmint 2007
4. Tokaj Nobilis - Tokaji Furmint 2008
5. Szepsy - Tokaji Furmint 2007
6. Demeter Zoltán - Furmint 2007
7. Tornai – Juhfark 2007
8. Tokaj Nobilis - Tokaji Hárs 2008
9. Gróf Degenfeld – Muscat Lunel 2008
10. Somlói Apátsági Pince - Hárslevelű 2008
11. Árvay János - Tokaji Szamorodni Hétfürtös 2000
12. Konyári János – Szárhegy 2008
And of course, we can not miss photos of the event:
22.04.10 Our Guest was in April - the Sauska Winery from Villány
18.03.10 The wine region Szekszárd
Wine list of the event:
1. Bodri Pincészet: "KATI" fehér kadarka 2008
2. Bodri Pincészet: Civilis Cuvée 2007
3. Takler: Cabernet franc 2007
4. Sebestyén: Kékfrankos 2007
5. Vesztergombi: Shiraz 2006
6. Takler: Bikavér Reserve 2006
7. Sebestyén: Grádus 2006
8. Heimann: Cabernet Franc 2004
9. Bodri: Cabernet Franc 2007
10. Eszterbauer: Tivald 2007
11. Tringa: Merlot 2007
And the wine tasting in pictures:
04.02.2010.: Big Hungarian Kékfrankos-tasting in Munich - namely the diversity of the Hungarian Kékfrankos
Showed wines were:
Finally, the wine tasting in pictures:
- Bock József - Villány: Kékfrankos 2008 , Kékfrankos Selection 2006
- Sauska Pincészet - Villány: Kékfrankos 2008
- St. Andrea - Eger: Tóbérc Kékfrankos 2006
- Takler Pince - Szekszárd: Kékfrankos 2007, Kékfrankos Reserve 2006
- Tringa Borpince - Szekszárd: Kékfrankos 2006
- Vincze Béla - Eger: Kékfrankos Arcanum 2003
- Weninger - Sopron: Kékfrankos 2007
Then our surprise and guest wines were from Mátra (North-Hungary) and from the Felvidék (South-Slovakia next to the Hungarian border):
- Karner Gábor - Mátra: Vitézföldi Kékfrankos 2006
- Bott Frigyes - Felvidék: Kékfrankos 2008
and last but not least:
- The Strekov winery - Felvidék: Terroir Vörös 2006 Kékfrankos.
03.12.2009: Fascinating Bor-Club event - Birthday party - and year closing party at the same time at us
At the beginning of December we celebrated our 1-year-old Birthday with the following world-wide famous Hungarian red wines from the wine region, Villány.
- 1. Vylyan - Pinot Noir 2006
- 2. Bock - Royal Cuvče 2005
- 3. Sauska - Portugieser 2008
- 4. Sauska - Kadarka 2007
- 5. Sauska - Cuvée 11 2007
- 6. Csányi- Cabernet Franc 2003
- 7. Gere Tamŕs - Aureus 2006
- 8. Jekl - Cabernet Franc 2006
- 9. Bock - Capella Cuvée 2006
- 10. Tiffán - Cuvče Carissimae 2007
- 11. Sauska - Cuvée 5 2006
Many thanks for positive feedbacks and kind greatings.
Yes, telling the truth, we have never had such an exclusive wine-tasting before, and at this time, according to our goal, we wanted to show only the BESTs and the TOPs.
We were very happy to surprise you with the blind tasting process and we hope also in the next year we will have possibility to invite you to such a special events as we had in December where you can find your real favourits.
Our Wine-Club is on Christmas holiday till the end of January.
We wish you and all our Wine-Club participants Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
10.11.2009: Unique Hungarian grapes and wines in Europe at us for the first but not the last time
According to our summary theme we wanted to show special Hungarian wines which are made from autochthon grapes of Hungary, and which you can not find in Spanish or in French wines.
Thanks for the feedbacks of the Club-participants our effort was not in vain.
Everybody could find something very special and fascinating.
Hereby the list of the wines this time were tasted at us :
1.   Tornai - Grófi Juhfark 2007
2.   Tokaj Nobilis - Tokaji Hárs 2008
3.   Kőporos Pincészet – Bikavér 2003
4.   Eszterbauer - Nagyapám Kardarka 2008
5.   Gróf Buttler - Kardarka 2006
6.   Takler - Kékfrankos - 2007
7.   SAUSKA - Kékfrankos 2008
8.   Bolyki - Egri Bikavér 2006
9.   Eszterbauer - Tüke Bikavér 2007
10.  Takler - Bikavér reserve 2006
11.  Gróf Buttler - Bikavér 2006
And finally came our amazing wine, the Tokaji Aszů 5 puttonyos of the Béres Winery from 2005.
But I think, to get inspiration you should look at the photos of the evening :) :
10.10.2009.: Big success of the St. Andrea wines in our Bor-Club!
After the long summer break we continued our wine club events in October and at that time we restarted to taste Hungarian premium wines with a very famous and excellent Hungarian Winery, called St. Andrea from the wine region Eger .
Unfortunately the wine-maker, Dr. Lőrinz György could not come to us in a personal way as October is a very important harvest season for them, but his wines talked in his stead as well.
We were very happy to get the standard very good opinion of the participants of the Bor-Club about the St. Andrea wines and we would like to say thanks to the following wines (which were tasted by us) for this very successful and special event:
1.   Akutyafáját 2008
2.   Egri Hárslevelű 2007
3.   Örökké Cuvée 2007
4.   Tóbérc Kékfrankos 2006
5.   Ferenchegy Kékfrankos 2006
6.   Áldás 2005
7.   Áldás 2006
8.   Hangács 2007
9.   Merengő 2006
10. Magyalos Kadarka 2007
In case of your interest in the wines above and if you do not want to miss the really good experiences of the tasting, please contact us to order a 6-bottle-tasting box from St. Andrea wines.
And one surprise more!
The Wine-Club in photos:
28.06.2009.: Our Bor-Club is on summer holiday now. Our next event: 2009. 10. 01.